When we heard about the chocolate lollipops that Karyn, the Pint Sized Baker was creating, we knew we had to check them out. Chocolate is our passion, and who doesn’t love a lollipop. What we saw blew us away! And when she agreed to share her recipe with us, we were so excited to share it with you… and we couldn’t believe how super-simple making chocolate lollipops could be. Guess who will be bringing them as treats … well… everywhere?! Teacher gifts? Check! Sick friend? Check! Party favor? Check. And it will be our secret how easy they are to make!
Hi – I’m Karyn, the Pint Sized Baker. I’ve been baking and cake poppin’ for over a year and I can’t get enough of it. I have a bunch of ideas on my blog, PintSizedBaker.blogspot.com , more pictures on my FaceBook page and a few videos on my YouTube channel.
Kim, from KC Bakes, already shared a tutorial with you about how to make cake pops. When you are ready, I have tutorials on my blog about taking those Cake Pops to the next level by adding candies and decoration to really make each one special and unique for any occasion.
However, if cake pops really aren’t your thing, there are so many other treats that you can make on a stick! On my blog, I show you how to make brownies on a stick, chocolate wontons on a stick, and easy lollipops with candy melts and candy or dried fruit. They can be so much fun to make with your favorite sweets. I’m going to share my lollipop recipe with you now, and it’s so simple.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- melted Candy Coating (any color or flavor)
- lollipop sticks
- dried fruit, candy, nuts – basically anything that tastes good coated in chocolate
- wax paper lined cookie sheet
Here is what I used:
- Dried Kiwi
- Dried Pineapple
- Dried Mango
- Dried Papaya
- Gummi Bears, Sour Patch Kids, and Nerds
- Chocolate and White Candy Coating
And, here’s what you do:
- Pour a small amount of melted chocolate on to the wax paper. Not too much, just enough for a 2-inch circle.
- Roll 1-inch of the lollipop stick in the chocolate coating and then let lay flat.
- Add toppings before it hardens.
I also swirled some white and chocolate for some extra fun!
Enjoy! Have a Scrumptious Day!